Helpers of the Immaculate Heart
The purpose of our group is to teach the girls of our parish, ages 5-12, how to grow in holiness through imitating Mary’s Immaculate Heart in an atmosphere of gentle instruction and wholesome socialization. We will do this in three ways:
- by fostering a healthy life of prayer through devotion to Our Lady (specifically, devotion to Her Immaculate Heart on First Saturdays and the Holy Rosary),
- by creating a warm atmosphere in which to build friendships with the other young ladies at our parish, and
- by providing opportunities to learn about charity and practice helpfulness both at the parish and in daily life through corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
A Helper of the Immaculate Heart will observe the following duties and attempt to live out the virtues of the Immaculate Heart:
- She will devoutly recite the following prayers:
Morning: Morning offering, 3 Hail Marys for innocence and purity
Night: 3 Hail Marys for innocence and purity, Memorare
Daily: Family Rosary
- She will try to participate in the exercises of HIH. This includes attending First Saturday Mass together and participating in charitable works, outings, and parish activities.
- She will keep Sundays and holy days.
- She will approach the sacraments frequently, appropriate to her age, including confession at least once a month
- As much as she and her family are able, she will hear the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on Marian feast days and participate in parish processions.
- She will strive to fulfill the duties of her state and age with virtue, as a daughter and sister.
- She will dress neatly and appropriately under the following guidelines for works/outings.
Skirts and dresses should fall below the knee
Sleeves must cover shoulders and be at least a “cap” sleeve
Neckline must be no lower than resting just below collarbone
Registration and Payment
Registration is now closed. Click here to email if you have questions.
This COVID release form LINKED HERE must be printed out and turned in at the first meeting.
We meet on the First Saturday of each month from 9:15 to 11:15 AM. We encourage members to attend the First Saturday Mass at 8:00 AM before our meetings. Our meetings will usually consist of devotional prayers, chanting, a short talk or read-aloud, a snack, a craft, and a game.
January 2, 2021
February 6, 2021
March 6, 2021
No Meeting in April
May 1, 2021