Helpers of the Immaculate Heart
- by fostering a healthy life of prayer through devotion to Our Lady (specifically, devotion to Her Immaculate Heart on First Saturdays and the Holy Rosary),
- by creating a warm atmosphere in which to build friendships with the other young ladies at our parish, and
- by providing opportunities to learn about charity and practice helpfulness both at the parish and in daily life through corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
A Helper of the Immaculate Heart will observe the following duties and attempt to live out the virtues of the Immaculate Heart:
- She will devoutly recite the following prayers:
Morning: Morning offering, 3 Hail Marys for innocence and purity
Night: 3 Hail Marys for innocence and purity, Memorare
Daily: Family Rosary
- She will try to participate in the exercises of HIH. This includes attending First Saturday Mass together and participating in charitable works, outings, and parish activities.
- She will keep Sundays and holy days.
- She will approach the sacraments frequently, appropriate to her age, including confession at least once a month
- As much as she and her family are able, she will hear the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on Marian feast days and participate in parish processions.
- She will strive to fulfill the duties of her state and age with virtue, as a daughter and sister.
- She will dress neatly and appropriately under the following guidelines for works/outings.
Skirts and dresses should fall below the knee
Neckline must be no lower than resting just below collarbone
We meet on the First Saturday of each month from 9:15 to 11:15 AM. We encourage members to attend the First Saturday Mass at 8:00 AM before our meetings. Our meetings will usually consist of devotional prayers, chanting, a short talk or read-aloud, a snack, a craft, and a game.
January 2, 2021
February 6, 2021
March 6, 2021
No Meeting in April
May 1, 2021